Thursday, January 10, 2013

Stressed is "Desserts" Spelled Backwards

So I guess I lied... definitely didn't catch back up on posting right after Christmas! Blogging got lost somewhere in the middle of a road trip to Connecticut for a beautiful retreat, visiting with family/friends, and getting sick (again).

And since getting back into town for work, things have shifted into overdrive. I have been so insanely, ridiculously busy! Like, no time at ALL busy. Working extremely hard at every moment, with no let-up, and still feeling swamped... I'm sure you know what I mean! That tube-looking thing that you heat up in the microwave and then put on your shoulders to relax has become my best friend.

It's exhausting, but in a way it's also exhilarating!

However...
  • I need to remember to take time for prayer. It's so easy to toss by the wayside, even with all of my great New Year's resolutions! 
  • Our worth does not depend on what we do. God cares a lot more about who we are.
  • Being present to people is still more important than getting a list of tasks done! (Even if I have to stay late to finish my tasks, it's worth it... and my state of life makes this possible, at the moment.)
  • I'm kind of just rolling with the punches... trying not to take myself too seriously! Every day is an adventure. What else would I be doing, anyway? 
  • There are fabulous people doing their best to take care of me, as long as I let them!
  • Plus, my Father in heaven loves me!! Isn't that just incredible
Pray for me!! And pray that all this work bears fruit in eternal life.

"Have patience with all things - but first with yourself. Never confuse your mistakes with your value as a human being. You are a perfectly valuable, creative, worthwhile person simply because you exist. And no amount of triumphs or tribulations can ever change that." -St. Francis de Sales

No comments:

Post a Comment