Friday, April 12, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday

I thought I'd get in on the fun today! Here we go...

1
So yesterday, I got fake pulled over by the cops. What does that mean, you ask? It goes something like this:

[Flashing police car lights go off behind me as I'm getting off my exit.]

Me (to myself): Hmm... I know I was speeding earlier, but I wasn't right then! Maybe I have a headlight out or something. 

[I notice there are two officers in the car, and they're discussing something, and they look slightly confused.]

Me (to myself): Maybe one of them is in training, and the other guy is teaching him what to do.

(Side note: I was just telling this story over the phone to a friend, whose reaction was, "Wait... were you really that chill about this?" My answer: "Yep!")

[Officers still talking.]

Me (to myself): Maybe they want me to move. Maybe I should get off the ramp and go park in that parking lot... maybe they're going to give me an extra fine for being unsafe and stupid and pulling over on the ramp. Hmm... they're not waving me over, though. 

[Both officers finally get out and come to my window.]

Officer: Um, so we pulled over the wrong person. It was another beige car.

Me: Oh, okay. 

Me (to myself, in my head): There are TWO of them, and they pulled over the wrong car?!? Maybe they're BOTH in training...

Officer: We just didn't want you to be confused when we drove away.

Me: Okay, thanks!

Officer: You didn't just get on the highway, did you?

Me: No, I've been on for like twenty minutes.

Officer: Yep, it was that station wagon then. Have a good day!

And that, my friends, is how you get fake pulled over. 

2
I know I'm not the only one who's had crazy weather lately, but I thought I'd share anyway:

In case you were wondering, it usually looks like this:

3
Confirmation is this upcoming Tuesday for our 8th graders! Please pray for them. HOLY SPIRIT TIME!!!!! In other news: I get to have dinner with the auxiliary bishop that night... wooohooo!! Along with our priests, the DRE's, etc., of course (it isn't just me and the bishop... who do you think I am??). Although I do have friends who hang out with bishops all the time, I don't typically get that chance. So I'm pretty pumped!

4
Update: Deleted for sensitive material. I will not be publishing the related comments, since I have deleted this section. It is nothing against your comments (in fact, I would say they did their job) - thanks for the input!

5
It's looking like I'm going to have another summer full of weddings! If my calendar is correct, I'll be at one per month from May through September. Currently, I'm really thrilled that one such friend called me up yesterday and asked if I would do the second reading (from Ephesians 5) at hers! (My answer: "Really? Really? REALLY?!?! I'm so honored! I'm so excited! YES!")

6
I have mixed feelings on the whole #Gosnell Twitter exposure extravaganza. Yes, it's extremely, extremely, extremely important that the world recognizes the horrific reality of murder both inside and outside the womb. However, I'm not a big fan of countering murder with hatred. I think the best Tweet I saw on it all day was this: "For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on #Gosnell and on the whole world."

7 
The other night, I was slaphappy while watching a bunch of YouTube videos by Blimey Cow (they do Messy Mondays and Messyges). I was just watching them again, looking for a good one to share with you all, and they were NOT as funny as I remembered. Hmm. But I will still share this one with you, because I laughed out loud when he shared his favorite Disney princess (and the part at the end when he talked about how the country was actually mythical... don't lie, you know that you thought/wished it was real too, back in the day):


Amelia Mignognette Thermopolis Rinaldi... PrinCESS of Genovia.

1 comment:

  1. That is some serious flooding there. Your 7QT reminds me of mine, where most of the takes are not all that serious and definitely not related to any others. Getting fake pulled-over does make for a great story, though. I, too, have many weddings this summer and will be encountering the bishop soon, so there's that. AND I love Princess Mia. Maybe we should be friends (you and me, not me and Mia, or maybe both).

    ReplyDelete