Friday, March 22, 2013

Change: It's Coming.

It's time to get into the Holy Week mood!

And by that I mean, I'm going to kill this blog... and then bring it back to life.

I'm going to baptize it.

It is going to die to itself, and then rise to new life.

First, crucifixion.

Death.

But then... rebirth.

Renewal.

Resurrection.

Bam.

Okay, it's not really that dramatic.

Athough these brief, one-line sentences are meant to give it that effect.

Basically, I've been mulling over the idea of making some changes to this blog... like, for instance, the name of it. This is probably provoking a whole spectrum of emotional reactions from you (all six of you!), from "OH MY GOODNESS, NOOOOOOOOO" to "I hated the name anyway!" and everything in-between (such as "eh, whatever, it's cool"). In any case, I'm going for something easier to pronounce, easier to remember, easier to spell, and more reflective of my writings. When I began this blog, it was an exciting little experiment. But experiments change and grow and develop over time; blogs are living, breathing organisms that... okay, I'm done with the biology analogy. You get the point. At any rate, the temperaments thing started out fun, but I didn't find that I was able to focus my blog around it... nor did I ever completely intend to. Although the current name still captures my own personality well, the time has come to say farewell. DPP, a little piece of you will live on in our hearts (until we forget that you existed. Sniff sniff).

I'm open to suggestions, although I do have some ideas! I have no prizes to offer you... just a little piece of the interwebs on which you will have made your mark. :)

I know, I know, the underlying question: but what about my vast readership? How will you know where to find me, if I change the name (and hence, the web address as well)? I've thought about this too, and the answer is stunningly simple: I will tell you! Once I figure it out (and make sure that the domain name is available), I'll give you a couple days of warning. This will give you time to say your goodbyes, wipe away your tears, tell your friends, ready your Google Reader, etc. When I make THE SWITCH, you will know it's coming. I'm thinking maybe right before or after Easter? Going liturgical is always a win. So anyway, this post is your official pre-warning warning!

Okay, 'nuff of this for now! Enjoy your weekend, people. I've got some important reading and movie watching to do...

Exhibit A: a book on Catholic culture. Exhibit B: a movie that is full of Catholic culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment