Sunday, March 17, 2013

Saints I Love...

You don't need me to tell you: it's St. Patrick's Day! Although I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to teach my teens about him tonight, I hope you're celebrating - in a happy, holy way, that is! St. Patrick was a great evangelist, so let's beg his intercession today. Seriously, if you don't know much about him, please look him up! If you can get captured by pirates as a teenager, escape, then come back later and convert the nation, all through the power of the Holy Spirit... that's a pretty big deal (and that's just the outline)!

I don't think I really need to explain myself here:


I'm going to steal a line here from Brian Regan, my favorite comedian: "I don't think we're honoring this man properly." But, I have hope that many of you will! So go out and have a fun night... just make sure that you become more of the person you were created to be, not less. That's true fun anyway, right? Oh, and if by God's grace you end up having a super awesome conversation about the faith at a party tonight, I want to hear about it! One of the fabulous things about being Catholic is that you're allowed to evangelize over a beer, if you want (if you're at least 21, of course, and in moderation). Get on out there and make St. Patrick proud!

Second, you may have noticed that I simply cannot stop talking about St. Therese! I wasn't going to... but then I ran across this quote... and then this picture with the quote... and so I just have to share (I'm sure St. Patrick doesn't mind):


Isn't her face just so radiant??

Anyway... let's give thanks for our fabulous fellow Christian friends who run toward heaven with us! And for those who cheer us on from heavenly glory: St. Patrick and St. Therese, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment