Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Timehop Tuesday!

The other day, I mentioned an app that my one of my brothers introduced me to, called "Timehop." It's been fun to look at my old Facebook and Twitter posts and see what was on my mind a year ago (or two), to the day! And so I present to you a new series of blog posts: Timehop Tuesday! Although it may be slightly egocentric (because I'm telling you about other things I once told you... I, I, I...), I still think it will be kind of fun. Over the week, I'll save my favorite old posts and tweets, and (as you probably figured out), share them with you every Tuesday!

Soooo... what did I say over this past week, a year ago? First prize definitely goes to this little Twitter gem:


I remember that so well! What a triumphant, satisfying, happy day! It's the little things, man. And at that point, it was still Pope Benedict XVI! We had no idea that Pope Francis was to come, a few months later... he was still chilling out as Cardinal Bergoglio in Argentina (okay, so maybe he wasn't just chilling...).

By the way, for anyone who is interested, you can get Vatican flags for pretty cheap on Amazon! Perfect for all of your Catholic decorating needs.

In future weeks, I'll hopefully have more than one little "timehop" to share with you. But that's all for now... happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Love the tweet: "I claim this land for the Vatican!"

    Oh, so THAT'S how your last name is spelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! I've been mystifying people with the spelling of "Schuerger" my whole life. I keep saying that I should give out gold star stickers to the people who can actually remember it :)

      Delete