Friday, August 2, 2013

7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 4)


Let's see if we can actually make it "quick" this week!

1
Best part of my week, hands down: getting a last-minute invite to have dinner with a lovely parishioner last night, then helping her make a pinata for her grandson's birthday! When was the last time I made a pinata?? It was gloriously messy and wonderfully random, and I left her house in the happiest of happy moods!

2
Oh yeah, I was also on the radio for the first time in my life, ever... you can listen to it here, if you really want to: http://radiomaria.us/battleforpurity/2013/07/29/july-29-2013/. I was kind of nervous that almost an hour would be wayyyyy too long, but it was actually pretty fun and the time went by quickly!

3
This: "Dear friends, let us bring to Christ's Cross our joys, our sufferings and our failures. There we will find a Heart that is open to us and understands us, forgives us, loves us, and calls us to bear this love in our lives, to love each person, each brother and sister, with the same love. Amen!" -Pope Francis

4
On Monday, I learned that I had signed up for Twitter two years before, to the day. I dubbed it my "twitterversary," and did nothing to celebrate. Except giggle whenever I thought to myself, "twitterversary!"
 
5
I'm in hard-core youth ministry planning mode. I really should get some caution tape for my office door and a sign that says "construction zone: authorized personnel only," like we have on the church door right now (the renovation is going on as we speak!). At any rate, enter at your own risk...
6
We had a great S.O.S. (Society of Saints) night on Wednesday based on Philippians 1:27-2:11. I'm so grateful to the core team member who planned and led the night... I've been feeling so over my head lately, and it was so blessed to just get to listen and reflect on the Scriptures along with everyone else, instead of leading it!

7
Last but not least, happy 18th birthday today to my brother Patrick! I got to go home last weekend for his high school graduation party, which was all you could ever hope for in a high school graduation party: family, friends, food and cornhole.


And here's a classy one of us, from our cousin's wedding the weekend before (which, by the way, was a blast... my whole family hasn't been together at a wedding for years and years!):

Happy birthday "Patty Pancake"... love you!

2 comments:

  1. Please put caution tape and warning signs on your door. Not only would it be hysterical, it would be a great conversation starter to all the awesome things you're working on.

    ReplyDelete