Monday, August 12, 2013

On My Heart

Today, just some scattered things that are beautiful and that speak to my heart: 

~Pope Francis' August 11th Angelus address (for now, this is just an article about it. No English translation of the full thing yet... it usually takes a couple days to come out. But still, please read!).

~Some Fulton Sheen quotes from On Being Human:

"...He who made the heavens and lived for mankind spoke His tenderest love when His audience was one listener."

"...powerful enough to control the collective planets of the universe, and yet careful not to neglect the burden that weighed on a single heart."

"Everyone else is too weak to heal a broken heart. He alone can do it Who counts the stars."

"Those who have hope are like a boy with a kite. The kite may conceivably be so high in the clouds that it cannot be seen, but he who holds the string feels the tug of it."

~Two new songs by Audrey Assad. Her album isn't officially out until tomorrow, so no YouTube links to the actual music yet. But, lyrics:

You Speak

You liberate me
From my own noise and my own chaos
From the chains of a lesser love
You set me free

In the silence of the heart, You speak
In the silence of the heart, You speak
And it is there that I will know You
And You will know me
In the silence of the heart You speak
You speak

You satisfy me
'Til I am quiet and confident
In the work of the Spirit I cannot see

In the silence of the heart You speak



I Shall Not Want

From the love of my own comfort
From the fear of having nothing
From a life of worldly passions
Deliver me, O God

From the need to be understood
From the need to be accepted
From the fear of being lonely
Deliver me, O God
Deliver me, O God

And I shall not want
Oh, I shall not want
When I taste your goodness, I shall not want
When I taste your goodness, I shall not want

From the fear of serving others
From the fear of death or trial
From the fear of humility
Deliver me, O God
Deliver me, O God

And I shall not want...


Happy Monday, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment