Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Nothing to Pray, Nothing to Say

I've recently come to this realization: if I don't take time to pray, I really have nothing worthwhile to say. If I don't take time to be with the Word, then my own little words really have no substance behind them.

Not that everything you say has to be super deep and thought-provoking... but I don't think we're in danger of that as a society. We're much more likely to make a lot of noise, without really ever saying anything. But even beyond that, I don't think we can even be properly light-hearted without prayer. "The joy of the Lord will be your strength" (Nehemiah 8:10), right? Without Jesus, we take ourselves wayyyyyyyyyyy too seriously!

As always, the answer is Jesus. So stop reading my silly little blog, and spend some time with the Lord and Giver of life!

"I have come that they might have life, and have it more abundantly." -John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment