Tuesday, December 4, 2012

How to Spot a Temperament in Everyday Life

I remember one of my professors, Dr. Miravalle, talking about how he can easily tell the different temperaments of each of his students (for a review of the temperaments, check out https://www.catholicmatch.com/blog/temperaments/). I can't remember his hilarious examples (maybe someone can help me out?), but I thought I'd try my own hand. Don't take any offense... I write these all in fun, and at my own expense as well! Here you go:


Listening to Music:

Sanguine: DANCE PARTY!!!!!!!!! oMg I luV thiS soNg!!!!!
Melancholic: This song speaks to me... I will retreat deeply within myself and ponder the broad scope of my problems caused by my own humanity.
Choleric: This song is [fill in a descriptive word here]. I have judged it, and no one had better disagree with me, because I am RIGHT.
Phlegmatic: Whatever you guys think!


Actions at a Party:

Sanguine: *dances on tables*
Melancholic: *on his/her third trip to hide in the bathroom*
Choleric: *putting on the coffee, taking out the trash and restocking the drinks... why hasn't the hostess done this yet? And why is nobody helping me??*
Phlegmatic: *whatever his/her friends are doing*


At Work:

Sanguine: *pops head out of cubicle* I'm lonelyyyyyyyyyy!
Melancholic: Leave me alone, I'm doing fine.
Choleric: I am furiously doing my work, and yours too! Perfectly! Efficiently!
Phlegmatic: Hey so-and-so, what do you think about [insert minute, unimportant decision here]?


At Prayer:

Sanguine: So God, today I went on a bike ride, and I saw this three-legged bunny rabbit, so I called up my BFF and I told her that... *blabs on*
Melancholic: God, this is what I think, but no one cares. *Insert deep feelings here*
Choleric: God, you HAVE to do this RIGHT NOW! Seriously, what are You thinking?!?!
Phlegmatic: God, I can't decide if I should pray a rosary or read Scripture or journal... what do You think? *starts one, then switches to the next, then gets sidetracked and starts daydreaming, then realizes what he/she is doing and feels bad, and apologizes profusely, and feels guilty the rest of the day*


Theme Song:

Sanguine: Party Rock Anthem!
Melancholic: Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head
Choleric: I'll Make a Man out of You
Phlegmatic: Don't Worry, Be Happy


Write your own and share... I'd love to hear more!

1 comment: