Monday, December 3, 2012

In Ministry, or Life in General...

...sometimes, this hits us:

For me, there are days where nothing really triggers it. Life is going along fine, and SMACK... I'm hit with a sense of my own unworthiness, and God's amazing love and mercy and I-don't-even-know-what that allows me, somehow, to work for Him. 

I don't think this is bad. I really, really am nervous about being a hypocrite, a Pharisee, someone with a millstone tied around my neck and thrown into the sea. Moments like this remind me that, if I let him, God's grace will keep me from this. He'll surround me with a sea of unfathomable mercy, if I keep having these moments of weakness. Because his power is perfect in my weakness. 

Lord, if I'm going to help others know and love you, help me love and know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment